I am so excited to share this recipe with you! I love quinoa and I’m always looking for good recipes that my kids will enjoy too. This one is a hit! I love making these because they are simple to make, packed with protein, and they freeze well. They are the perfect size for kids too! I hope your family enjoys these quinoa cups as much as we do!
This is on of my favorite side dishes to make. Sometimes I even add some grilled chicken and eat it for lunch. I love it because it is simple to make, only has a few ingredients and is packed with protein, fiber, iron, magnesium, B2, folate, calcium, zinc, Potassium, and Vitamins K and A (to name a few!!!). Did you know that quinoa contains more vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants than any other grain? It does! Spinach and mushrooms also contain abundant nutrients so you can’t go wrong with this dish! Here’s the recipe:
I love the fall and all of the food that comes with it! As soon as September rolls around I start to make my soups and stews. They are the perfect comfort food for a cool fall night. This homemade chicken soup is so simple to make and is made with just a few ingredients that most of you will have on hand. My mom made this for me every time I wasn’t feeling well, and now I make it for my family at the first sign of a cold. Since it is easy and simple to prepare, I make it even when we are all healthy! That being said, here are some of the health benefits associated with eating homemade chicken soup when you are feeling “under the weather”:
- The steam from the hot soup helps to open up nasal passageways and the warm broth feels good on a sore throat
- Chicken and quinoa are excellent sources of protein which is essential to maintain strong tissue. In addition, chicken contains an amino acid called cysteine, and when cooked it is released and helps to thin out mucous in the nose and lungs
- Carrots contain beta carotene, calcium, potassium and Vitamins B and C
- Celery is high in Vitamin C which is important for giving your immune system a boost
- Onions contain quercetin which is a natural anti-histamine and anti-inflammatory