I am so excited to share this recipe with you! I love quinoa and I’m always looking for good recipes that my kids will enjoy too. This one is a hit! I love making these because they are simple to make, packed with protein, and they freeze well. They are the perfect size for kids too! I hope your family enjoys these quinoa cups as much as we do!
Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Quinoa Cups
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water or low sodium all natural chicken broth
- 1 cup of cooked broccoli, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and water/chicken broth and cook according to package directions. Let quinoa cool completely. Once the quinoa is cool, transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Add cooked broccoli, onion, garlic, cheese, eggs, and salt and pepper to the mixing bowl and stir to combine the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place silicone baking cups in a muffin tin or spray the muffin tin “wells” with nonstick cooking spray. Fill the baking cups with the quinoa mixture (approximately 3/4 full). Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Let cool and remove from muffin pan. Refrigerate leftover quinoa cups. Enjoy!
- I often steam my broccoli while the quinoa is cooking. Once the broccoli is steamed I chop it with my Pampered Chef food chopper or quickly chop it in the food processor.
- I cook my quinoa for 15-20 minutes and I add the diced onion for the last 5-7 minutes to soften it.
- These can be frozen